Spring Into Caring 2014
United Way of Southwestern Indiana Announces SPRING INTO CARING FOOD DRIVE
HOW THE SPRING INTO CARING FOOD DRIVE WILL WORK
The United Way Spring Into Caring Food Drive will be conducted the week of April 21-25, 2014 and is an easy way to bring people together to address a real need in our community.
• Start by selecting a coordinator for your food drive.
• Put together a committee to help plan your drive.
• Get your CEO involved to endorse the Food Drive and encourage people to donate.
• Set a goal: one meal is equivalent to 1.2 lbs of food. Communicate it by number of meals or pounds.
• Have a Kickoff event to announce the Food Drive and your goal for the week.
• Designate each day of the week as a certain food collection day. For instance:
- Meat Monday: Canned tuna, chicken, salmon or ham.
- Fruit & Vegetable Tuesday: Fruit packed in light syrup or vegetables or soups
- Dry Good Wednesday: Rice, Cereal, Mash Potatoes, Peanut Butter, Pasta, Macaroni & Cheese
- Back Pack Thursday: Individual Serving sizes that can fit in a backpack that a child will take home to have food for the weekend.
- FRIDAY DROP OFF DAY: At United Way of Southwestern Indiana's parking lot, 501 N.W. 4th Street. Drop off is 9 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Companies, participating groups and indivdiuals may bring their food items to United Way on FRIDAY, APRIL 25 ONLY BETWEEN 9:00 a.m.-4 :00 p.m.
Spring Into Caring Food Drive 2014 >
Volunteer Registration >
Please fill out and submit this form by Wednesday, April 24.